Just like carpets, hardwood floors are a great way to add some color to a room. Anyway, these floors also need to be cleaned at least once a week. The easiest and most popular way is to use a vacuum cleaner or microfiber mop. Using these cleaning appliances you will have clean floors anytime.
As you may know, hardwood floors more durable than most people realize, taking less of a beating from your everyday wear and tear than most carpets. While the wood may be able to take more than the carpet, it’s still susceptible to spills. So, if you’ve spilled something on your wood floor, don’t panic! Try one or more of these quick cleaning techniques to get your floor back in shape in no time.
How To Clean Wood Floors Without Damaging Them
Wood floors are durable, but unsealed surfaces also vulnerable to damage from moisture and other contaminants. What’s more, you have to clean them differently than you do most other flooring surfaces. But with the proper cleaning methods, you can clean your wood floors without damaging them.
Choose The Right Cleaning Tools
Floors are an essential part of any home, and the best way to keep them looking great is to clean them regularly. One of the most popular cleaning methods is floor mopping. Floor mopping is often done using a traditional mop, but if you’re looking for an easier method, you may want to opt for a floor cleaning machine that breaks down the hassle of mopping. There are many different floor cleaning machines to choose from, including steam mops and handheld steam cleaners. Below there’s my shortlist of the essential cleaning tools for your hardwood floors:
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Broom And Dustpan
- Microfiber Mop
- Steam Mop
- Floor Cleaning Machine
How To Clean Wood Floors Naturally
If you have wood floors, you know that keeping them clean is a challenge. Wood floors are porous, which means they are susceptible to damage. The wrong cleaning method can cause scratches, change the color, and even ruin your floor’s finish! So, how do you clean wood floors naturally?
There are many products on the market that claim to make wood floor cleaning easier, but these usually contain chemicals that can damage the flooring over time. Fortunately, there are natural, less harmful ways to clean your wood floors. For example, you can clean wood floors naturally with vinegar.
The vinegar is a cheap, easy, and natural way to clean up your wood floor. The vinegar is an acidic liquid containing water and acetic acid, a chemical compound that is an organic acid produced by bacteria during the fermentation of wine and cider. It’s a natural cleaner that breaks down the grease and grime that stick to your floors.
How To Clean Wood Floors Without Water
Just like there are various wood floor cleaning products on the market, there are also a variety of different ways to clean wood floors. The easiest and most effective way to clean wood floors without water is with a dry mop, but a dry mop is not the only option. A regular mop that is dampened with a cleaning solution will work just fine and is even more effective at removing dirt and grime. It is called a dry floor cleaning system.
This is an incredible way to clean any hard surface floor in your home. This type of system cleans your floor by using a sprayed solution on the floor, then mopped up by the cleaning solution and the mop. The solution works to loosen dirt and grime, while the mop works to lift and remove this soil from your floor surface. This is a dry floor cleaning system, so you will not need to worry about using water or waiting for your floors to dry.
How To Clean Unsealed Hardwood Floors
Cleaning unsealed hardwood floors is easy but requires some planning. The first thing you need to do is sweep the floor. If you need to, vacuum the floor, too. Once the floor is clean, use a mixture of warm water and white vinegar in a bucket. It’s best to use distilled vinegar that you get from the grocery store, as it’s purer and won’t leave any odors behind. Let the mixture sit for about five minutes. Then mop the floor with a mop that’s made for hardwood floors.
What Makes Wood Floors Shine?
Wood flooring can be beautiful but also challenging to keep looking its best. A shiny wood floor is the result of a careful balance of moisture and oil, and it needs regular attention to make sure it stays that way. Regular cleaning with the right cleaning agent is the best way to ensure your wood flooring is protected and looking its best. The key is to choose the right cleaning agent, so you can clean safely and effectively while avoiding damage:
- Surfactants: These products are made to clean wood floors. They are designed to remove dirt and other substances from the surface of the wood. Many of them are intended to be used with other products, such as water, that will help you get the job done.
- Solvents: Solvents, historically, have been the most widely used method for cleaning a wood floor. Solvents tend to be the easiest to use but will also leave a strong odor and are very dangerous to work with. The fumes from this type of cleaning can be as hazardous as the solvent itself.
- Chelators: In case you didn’t know, chelating agents are the latest and greatest in cleaning technology. They are strong enough to do the hard job of removing stains and dirt but gentle enough to keep the wood safe from damage. The best part is, they are easy to apply and won’t cause any harm to your hardwood floor. However, please note that these products are not intended for hardwood floors that have been stripped or waxed.
- Citric Acid: citric acid is one of the best things you could use to clean your floors. This organic compound is typically used in cleaning products as a heavy-duty cleaner, a sanitizer, and a powerful odor remover.
- Oxidizers: Oxidizers are a great way to clean wood floors because they remove grease and grime from the floor without leaving behind residue. A properly selected oxidizer also helps extend your wood floor’s life by killing mold and mildew, which can cause it to rot. Luckily, some oxidizers will work for any type of wood flooring, whether it is hardwood, bamboo, laminate, or parquet.
What Is The Best Thing To Use To Clean Wood Floors?
Mix it with a few drops of your favorite essential oils (the scent will boost your mood and neutralize any vinegar smell), and fill an empty spray bottle (or mop bucket) with warm water. Spray it on, wipe it off with a soft cloth, and voila, your floors are shiny and clean.
How Do You Deep Clean Hardwood Floors?
How Can I Make My Wood Floors Look New Again?
Next, you’ll want to apply a cleaning solution, such as a pre-treated wipe or a solution of 1/2 cup of vinegar to a gallon of water. Wipe the floor down using a clean white cloth or sponge. Then, use a clean, dry cloth to buff the floor until it’s clean and smooth.